How it Works
five easy steps
You purchase any class of viable female, with the invoice settled by StockCo…
meaning livestock stays on the StockCo balance sheet – allowing us
to manage the GST whilst you increase your breeding numbers,
without tying up working capital.
Over the following 12 month period, you
control and manage the livestock for breeding
leaving the management decisions to you – with the overall goal
being an increase in your productive females.
A local StockCo representative will conduct an
on-farm livestock assessment…
confirming the number of viable females you wish to retain and roll
over on finance for another 12-month period.
To complete the roll over, a principal
repayment, along with the accrued interest,
is paid to us…
with payment made at any time prior to the 12-month anniversary
of the initial purchase date.
These payments can be timed to income
events, such as the sale of progeny, other
livestock you own or crop proceeds. Payments
can be made at any time, from any source…
and we can even provide a Stock Advance against the progeny, to
assist in making the principal and interest payments.
Frequently asked questions about Breeder Finance
StockCo provides livestock finance facilities to customers that satisfy the following criteria:
- Existing livestock producer with greater than 3 years experience.
- Own existing livestock producing property, but can also have other leasing or agistment arrangements.
- The customer must demonstrate the ability or the method by which they will make the required annual Principal and Interest payment in order to extend the trade for a further 12 months.
Generally, StockCo will accept the following forms of repayment:
- Sale proceeds of financed livestock (sent directly to StockCo from purchaser)
- Sale of progeny
- Sale of culls and empties
- Wool sales
- Stock Advance against progeny or other stock*
You can pay out your obligations to StockCo at any time with no penalties.
StockCo would prefer non-productive or empty females are sold and the proceeds go toward repaying the initial advance. Productive breeders can then be re-purchased if required. StockCo can finance replacement productive breeders if required.
We would provide a reasonable timeframe to be repaid via sale of the livestock or another agreed method.
You can apply by completing our online application form or download a form from our documents page. You can lodge your application with any of our approved distribution partners or directly with StockCo. To find a local distribution partner near you please contact us on 1800 283 447 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In most cases we will visit you on farm to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your business and your goals. After your application is lodged it will go through our Ready to Trade process.
We have a preferred minimum limit of $100,000, although we will consider applications for smaller amounts where there are reasonable prospects to grow over time. There is no maximum facility limit. StockCo has engaged in a number of transactions greater than $10 million.
We take security directly over the livestock that we have funded. We register our interest in the livestock on the Personal Property Security Register. We also track livestock movements via the National Livestock Identification System Database. Additionally, in the event that our customer is not the owner of the business assets, we may require a guarantee.
- Yes, subject to approval, we will advance funds as a Stock Advance against livestock you already own, so long as they are intended for sales within 12 months.
- In most cases your existing livestock will be captured by your bank’s security and we will require a release from any security holders before we can advance funds against existing livestock
Generally StockCo will provide a decision on applications within 2 business days of receipt of all necessary information.
- Once your application is approved we aim to have loan documents to you within 2 business days.
- You are able to commence trading as soon as we receive properly executed documents and have completed our security registration.
Our Buying and Sale Instructions are contained in the document section of this website
StockCo recommends you take out insurance to cover your financial obligation for the livestock.
StockCo is not a bank. Our strategy is to enhance your relationship with your existing bank, by providing an opportunity for you to generate greater returns from your existing livestock business, without impacting your existing arrangements with your bank. We do this by taking direct security over the livestock we fund and by taking guarantees from major asset owning people or entities.